Friday, July 25, 2008



Hi Everyone, glad to see you could stop by. Lordy it has been "HOT" here, temps of 100+ about every day and the humidity is terrible. For a lil porker like me it makes getting outside to do anything just about impossible. I figure as long as the lectrik company keeps working, I'll keep the A/C pumpin though. I've mostly just been stayin inside watchin the tube and playin on the puter, but after a while you get tired of that. Ain't been much happenings going on around here if there was I'd know about it cause Miss Judi is in with the local gossip group and she hears everything.
I've been watching on the TV about the candidates for President, yeah I told ya I was bored. I've never been one big into politics because in the military we weren't allowed to voice our opinion and of course I was in the military for 29 years, so most of my life I haven't been much involved except to vote. Looks to me though we don't have a lot to choose from. I had someone ask me the other day how I was gonna vote. I just politely looked at him and told him "Secret Ballot". But really in truly I guess this is a history making year, with a woman and a black man running for president, the world is changing every day. I don't know whether its getting worse or getting better. I guess the main gripe that I would have is that it seems our country would rather give funds to other countries to take care of their people, than to take care of their own people right here in the United States. I'll never figure that one out. Looks almost like they have their priorities all messed up. Don't get me wrong, I'm a patriot, and love my country, but someone needs to take the bull by the horns and get it headed in the right direction. I'm wondering if any
of the candidate for President can do that. I guess we'll see!
I don't have those problems here on Poverty Hill, seeing as how I'm self appointed.
I take care of my people (Judi and myself), I send no money to other countries (because we don't have any), and I absolutely know for a fact who really runs things on Poverty Hill (Miss Judi). Guess thats enough for my political prowess.
Guess me and Miss Judi is going to our first Support Group Meeting in Mobile on Tuesday 29 July, we're looking forward to meeting everyone there. Judi and I have never met anyone else that has Pulmonary Hypertension, it will be nice to talk to someone that really understands and has the same problems. We went 5 years without a Support Group in our area and now within 2 months we have two of them, both within a 2 hour drive. I'm glad people are finally waking up and getting involved.
Well I've jabbered enough, I know by know you're bored so I'll hush and get off of here. Just remember if you're ever in our area, the door is always open, and you are truly welcome.

Hugs and Handshakes

TW

4 comments:

Annette said...

It sounds to me like we should be nominating Miss Judi for our next president!!
Annette

Colleen said...

Oh you poor thing, you really must be bored if you are watching politics. lol I'm very disappointed with our options for President. That's all I'll say about that, because I don't discuss politics with friends or family! lol

I hope you enjoy your support group meeting! I love doing mine, it's so great meeting others in person with PH. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Hugs,
Colleen :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there:))
I am so happy you two are going to the support group meeting...

I know this heat is draining..my hubby tries to keep me in as well and I have to say, I do not mind sitting on the couch in the AC after being out there..LOL But it does get boring, although there is so much I should be doing..LOl

Take care and tell Judi hello...

Hugs,
Jen

Becoming Catholic said...

I do not like politicians either...I think they are all out for themselves and the power our votes give them...wish they could just cross party lines, forget their egos, and do what is best for the US...I do agree with you that way too much $$$ is going to other countries when we have enough problems right here at home to deal with...I did not vote in the last election...but I will this time...take care :)