Saturday, November 8, 2008
Heyz to everyone out there in blogger land. Not much going on here on Poverty Hill. As most of you know and to those of you who don't know, November is Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness month. I've been reading other blogs that Ph'ers have written and they're just chock full of information for everyone that wants to know about the disease, so I thought I'd write something too, so I'll try the signs and symtoms thingy, so here goes:
Signs and Symptoms of PH:
1. If you look like you've dipped your ears and lips in grape Kool Aide, then you might have PH. This is due to low oxygen levels in your body.
2. If you feel light headed or dizzy to the point of passing out, and you haven't drank any Jack Daniels, then you might have PH. Another sign of low oxygen or restricted blood flow.
3. If you aren't scared of heights, but a little set of stairs sends you looking for another way up, then you may have PH.
4. If you can't walk twenty feet without huffin and puffing and looking for a place to sit down and catch your breath, then you may have PH.
5. If your idea of getting out for a while is going to the doctors office, then you may have PH.
6. If your legs have no ankles and you can mash em with ya finger and an indention stays there, then you may have PH. Of course at this time both legs wiegh about 200 pounds each.
7. If you can't do minor daily things at minimum exertion and you have to huff and puff to catch that next breath, then you may have PH.
8. If all your so called friends disappear after finding out that you have PH, never to be seen again, then you may have PH.
9. If you have to get on your knees and you're not praying, then you're out of breath and may have PH.
10. If your conversations are about things that you used to be able to do, then you might have PH.
11. If you go on a trip and after loading all your medical equipment there is no room for luggage, then you may have PH.
12. And last, if you hope everyday for a cure for PH and the education of others about the disease and want to do all you can to help bring about awareness, then you have PH.
I hope these symptoms can help you decide if you have PH, if you don't thats wonderful; if you do please see a PH Specialist as soon as you can.
I guess I've rambled on enuff for today. Miss Judi and I hope yall have a great day, come by if ya get a chance, the door is always open to our friends.
Hugz N Handshakes